Thursday, December 31, 2009

Back in Montana

First thing I have to say is that there is too much snow here. I have not seen snow in a while so to come back to this is a little scary. I got back on Christmas Eve, just in time to spend time with my mom and her side of the family. It was good to see my uncle Jerry and Papa. From there is was just hanging out with my best friend Greg some more, who also flew into Atlanta to help drive back up with me. Funny though his driving privilages were suspended after driving us into a snowy ditch bank in the middle of nowhere Kansas. It was pretty funny to watch though.

This past Monday I was finally able to start riding again after getting hit by a car in Atlanta on a training ride. It feels good to get back into it and I am getting a lot stronger but still a long way to go if I want to survive Belgium. I got to ride for my first time outside in Montana since being back yesterday and it was awesome!!! Granted the altitude got me some but I did my favorite ride going up the Lockwood hills and did tempo repeats on them. On the side though off the bike, I have been working on some promising deals and and happy to announce two new personal sponsors in Hammer Nutrition and Sport Legs. I have had a 3 year relationship with Hammer Nutrition with them being a title sponsor for one year and a secondary sponsor for another of the Montana Junior Cycling Foundation who I have raced for the past twe seasons. I have been very pleased with their products and am very excited to take it to a more personal level with them. Secondly, Sport Legs is a new sponsor to me but not a new product. I have used Sport Legs to win all three of my Montana State titles and used it in college. I firmly believe in Sport Legs and refer to it as "legal doping" to my teamates. After visiting with Carl, the owner, I am very excited about this new relationship and believe that with the help from him and Sport Legs, they will help me reach my ultimate dream of becoming a professional cyclist. Lastly, me and Amber Keener are working on a special project that I hope will be very successful in the coming season. So look for this coming out towards the end of April.

This morning I had a 20min LT test and will be having lunch with my friend and 7th grade English teacher, Tracy Ellitson. From there I head up to Bozeman to spend the New Years with my team, GAS/Intrinsik, then will be coming right back tomorrow morning for more training. Busy schedule but I will update next week. Until then follow my progress on Twitter as I give the inside look at what it takes to prepare to race in Europe.

No comments: