Thursday, February 11, 2010

Media Week

This week has flown by. It feels as though I was just writing a blog last night. It has been a hectic and stressful week. I have been finalizing all my details for my trip to Belgium such as buying my plane ticket, getting my UCI lisence, my passport finally arriving, getting a bike box (thank you Ed), getting enough Hammer Nutrition supplements for 3 months, getting new Hammer Nutrition kits (thank you Dustin), working with existing sponsors, fundraising, and training. Lots of stuff and not enough time in the day to do everything I want to. But I feel a lot better now that I have finalized all this and all I have to worry about now is the continued fundraising and training.

It has been an exciting week as far as the media goes. I got the opportunity to go on 4 morning radio shows in the past two days thanks to Bret Maverick for setting them up. Then yesterday I was suprised when KULR 8 gave me a call and came along for the ride to take some film and then a short interview afterwards. So all in all it has been a pleasent suprise to get some good media attention and will close it out before I leave with an article in the Billings Outpost here in the next week or so with a one on one interview with Jennifer Molk. Im excited to see the final product!

The departure date is only 2 weeks away and I am STOKED!!!! I will be leaving on the 28 of February at 8:10a.m and arriving in Brussels at 9:10a.m. on March 1. From there I will take a 1.5hr train ride to my new home for the next 3 months, Oostkamp, Belgium. Its about 8k from Brugges and pretty close to the coast as well. I am excited for some new scenery on my rides, and some intense racing!! Well good night yall and I will update next week.

No comments: