Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow snow snow

Hello from back in Billings, MT. So much snow but what can I expect in February in MT. However I am happy to say ever since returning from Bozeman, I have been able to get outside everyday snow or not. The training has been going well with being able to get in long rides outside. Been bundling up with 2 leg warmers, 2 bib shorts, multiple jerseys, coats, 2 gloves ,shoe covers, ect. Its been hovering about 0 degrees celcius the past couple of weeks, not much over (im trying to get used to celcius temps). I got to ride with Jeff Handlin this past weekend which was a great time as I had not seen him for a couple years. This guy used to be one of the strongest guys i knew in Montana cycling. We went out for 3hrs and he rode his fixie and still dropped me on a climb. INSANE! This guy took me to my first USAC race back in 2006 in Helena, MT. Great guy and super strong! Other than that its been pretty much the norm for me. Fundraising and riding. I got in a solid 144km yesterday but ran out of daylight which sucked as it got a little too cold for my taste. I woke up this morning to it snowing so we will see how the ride will be. I am determined to ride outside today even though its a short one of 1.5hrs.

Next Tuesday I will be getting my VO2max and lactate threshold testing done which I am stoked about as it is my first time doing that in the lab. It will be a good baseline for the start of the season so I can see how I improve over the spring and summer. O and my new Kona road bike is working great and feeling awesome. Thanks to P Dowd, Bill Cochran, and all of team GAS for this. I love it!!!! Also a big thanks to John and Lisa, and Jason and Malissa for letting me stay at their houses while in Bozeman. I really appreciate it.

No comments: